Getting Rid of Germs
Now is the time to start fighting cold and flu season, before your family is infected by this nasty bug! There are a few tips and tricks to help the germs stay out of your home and away from your family. Every year, thousands of Americans are hospitalized with flu-like symptoms. Even when the symptoms are mild and hospitals aren’t involved, the flu is miserable to have to deal with. Whether it is your kids or yourself, we want to help get your home free of the germs. From professional carpet cleaning to getting vaccinated, below are a few suggestions on how to protect yourself and your family from getting sick.
Preventing a Cold or Flu
1. Vaccinate! Each year there is a new vaccine that is created to counter 3-4 common strains of the flu virus. These vaccines change every year, so make sure that you are staying on top of your shots! Vaccinating not only protects you, but it also protect the people you surround yourself with.
2. Always wash your hands. Make sure that you are constantly washing and sanitizing your hands. Your hands touch so many things throughout the day and are always picking up germs. Keep them clean with good soap and water!
3. Wash your linens! Kill the bacteria and germs that are living on your towels, sheets, and blankets. Wash your linens regularly with hot water and detergent, then tumble dry on hot heat.
4. Stay home! If you are feeling sick or beginning to see symptoms in you or your family members, stay home. You can be contagious the day before any symptoms even begin and for about 5-10 days after you get sick. So make sure that you stay away from others and try not to contaminate them.
5. Call Zachary’s Chem-Dry! Ask about our Healthy Home Package at your next cleaning. Studies found that Chem-Dry removed an average of 98.1% of common household allergens from carpets and upholstery. The common allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergens. Additionally, our HCE process, when coupled with a sanitizer, was found to remove an average of 89% of the airborne bacteria in the home and 82.3% of the bacteria in carpets. Learn more about our Healthy Home Study!
Use these tips and tricks to help keep the germs out of your home. Call the professionals to regularly clean your carpets and upholstery to keep allergens and bacteria away from your family too!